Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

 

I've been tagged by Mel for the Liebster Blog Award, an award aimed at giving blogs with less than 200 followers a bit of recognition for the work they do. A very lovely idea and I'm super happy to be nominated! Now to struggle with 11 facts about myself...


The Rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. They must answer the 11 questions posted by the previous blogger.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask their tagged bloggers.
4. They must tag 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. The bloggers must be told.
6. No tag backs

Random facts about myself:
  • I used to collect Ty Beanie Babies as a kid and I still have a full shelf of them at my Newcastle home!
  • 80% of my friends come from the internet. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it. The internet has introduced me to some of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege to meet and I wouldn't change it for the world.
  • I started crocheting last year to give myself something to do whilst unemployed. I have no clue how to knit, despite several attempts.
  • I'm terrible with buying used books. Amazon marketplace, charity shops, fayres... you name the place and I'll be there with a handful of them. My bookshelf is crammed full and I'm still buying!
  • I adore foxes. I think they're beautiful animals. This means whenever my friends spot foxes out and about, or see anything fox-related, they'll let me know. It's cute because it lets me know they're thinking of me.
  • I will try anything new. This especially applies to food. The strangest thing I have eaten is a tie between snails or kangaroo steaks.
  • I'm allergic to raw garlic and egg shells (which is obviously no big deal to live with).
  • I can stand on the very tip of my toes (en pointe, I guess but without the shoes) after watching Kate Winslet in Titanic as a child and wanting to be just like her!
  • I have more key rings than I have keys. It looks ridiculous but makes it easy to find my keys in a full bag.
  • I volunteer for a group that advises sexual health to young people, and also as a beekeeper at my university.
  • I own over thirty cardigans. I don't really know how it happened, they just accumulated! And yet if I ever visit town, I'll find myself eyeing up some more.
Now Mel's questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
I think after my last trip there, I'd definitely be content living in Italy for a few years. It's entirely possible too, I just need to become fluent in Italian first.
2. What do you do to relax?
I tend to listen to my favourite songs, the kind that gives you goosebumps from the happiness. I take bubble baths, read a book, pamper myself with facials, paint my nails or simply have a power nap if I need to unwind. I think I'm due one this evening actually, I've found myself stressing a lot over starting university again.
3. What are your desert island essentials?
Practical things like sunscreen, lip balm, and maybe those tablets that make water drinkable. Then entertainment things like my Kindle (the greatest present ever) and my ipod. Ooh, a blanket too. Everything is better with a blanket.
4. What is your most listened to song on Last.FM (If you don't have it answer from memory!)
 Lime Tree by Bright Eyes. It's a sad little song but so beautiful. I tend to listen to it when I'm feeling melancholy. When I heard it live, there were tears!
5. What meal would be your last?
 If I could, it'd be a meal like Italians have when it's the summer and they're all celebrating. They basically have one meal that consists of a starter, main, cheese dessert, fruit dessert, actual dessert, coffee. All served with bread and wine. I wanna roll my way to death! Specifically, risotto for starters, rigatoni al forno for my main, all the cheese and fruit in the world, cheesecake then a coffee with a shot or two of amaretto. I may or may not be drooling right now.
6. Who are the special people in your life?
My mum, my brother and my boyfriend, Luca. I'd be at a loss with those three in my life.
7. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I hope to have a full time job somewhere. Ideally, I'd like to work with the police or government but if that doesn't work out, it's okay. The last few months alone have taken me to places I never expected I'd come to so I don't really want to put any restrictions for where my life will take me. As long as I'm happy, that's my focus.
8. What are your weaknesses?
I'm terribly indulgent. I can't help it! I just want to treat myself and everyone all day and every day, which sort of defeats the purpose of treats. I'm also quite impulsive, which can be good in some situations but terrible in others. I'm learning to curb that and be sensible, though.
9. Name your favourite places in the city you live in.
If it's a posh meal you want, then I can't rate Bumbles highly enough. It's right around the corner from Buckingham Palace and serves up the oddest menu you'll ever see - but that's why I love it. For relaxing, Kingston riverside is perfect as there's plenty of places to sit and have a picnic. In general, my favourite place is Surbiton because the atmosphere here is so pleasant. Everyone is friendly, there are events going on all the time (coming up this weekend is an entire festival which I'll no doubt blog about) and everything you need is right there.
10. What is your preferred method of travelling?
 It depends on where I'm going! In the UK, it's going to be the train because it's nice to just sit and read for a while until you reach your destination. Abroad, nothing beats the excitement of flying!
11. Is there anything you would like to learn to do? 
There's so much I'd love to learn! I think mostly I'd like to learn to speak Italian, which I'm taking classes for starting October. Next up, I'd love to knit. The patterns for knitting are far more extensive and better looking than crochet. I just need someone to sit down and teach me.

My tagged nominations (I'll have to break the rules here since I follow so many popular blogs!):
  1.   http://the-monomyth.blogspot.com/
  2. http://amysarahh.blogspot.com/
  3. http://thepocketclub.blogspot.co.uk/
  4. http://mymonochromacy.blogspot.com/
  5. http://letsdrivefaraway.blogspot.co.uk
  6. http://natfaulkz-on-life.blogspot.com/
My questions for the next bloggers:
  1. One thing you cannot live without?
  2.  What's your favourite song lyric?
  3. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
  4. Where's the one place in the world you would never visit?
  5. Do you collect anything?
  6. What's the last book you read and what did you think of it?
  7. Give me five blogs I should follow.
  8. How do you feel about nightclubs?
  9. What's one thing you feel really passionately about?
  10. The last thing you ate?
  11. How are you?

1 comment:

  1. :3

    Also really excited about your bee-keeping venture!

    ReplyDelete